Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Pasta Mia!!!

Who doesn't love Spaghetti and Meatballs? We love Italian cuisine especially Pasta and we always prepare it atleast once a week...The first time we went to Rome, we had lunch at a restaurant recommended by my in-laws called Il Cantuccio right outside Piazza Navona...I can't forget their Anchovy-Ricotta stuffed Zucchini blossoms and Pasta with Botarga, mmmm...We went back for dinner because we wanted to try other dishes on the menu and it lived up to our expectations...

So, for my Italian inspired Spaghetti and Meatballs, I decided to make the balls as big as a golf ball, or it could even be bigger now that I remember...I didn't follow any recipe, just made it the way anybody would do...I used store bought Marinara sauce called RAO which we love because it comes really close to the one we had in Italy...Besides, why make the sauce from scratch when you can get it from the store these days? Anyway, these Meatballs taste just as good as they look, I guarantee! These were shot almost close to sunset so the lighting is not as bright as I would want...Just a little tweaking here and there...

Oh, and don't forget your Vino...It goes really well with the meat and tomato sauce :)

Bon Apetito!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment