Saturday, February 19, 2011

Assorted Cakes

I've made these three cakes within a week...It's very unusual for me because I get so busy at work that I can't always find time to bake...It just happened that we were on our short 2 days semestral break and we didn't have to prepare snacks for the cafeteria...So, I used my spare time to bake some goodies since I had these over-ripe Bananas sitting on the counter...

I made the Carrot Cake and Banana Cake using one type of batter (refer to my Carrot Cake recipe)...That really made it easier for me beacuse all I did was make a big batch, divide them and folded in the grated Carrots into the first batter and mashed Bananas into the other...I made a big sheet pan of the Carrot Cake and also this small one for my photography that I frosted with Cream Cheese-Butter mixture...I took it home to take photos of it and returned it to work the next day to turn it to cash :) My hubby doesn't really like Carrot Cake so I couldn't keep it at home...


I took different angles of this cake...I couldn't seem to find the perfect angle because it was almost sunset and I really had a hard time focusing...I sprinkled some orange colored sugar on the Carrot design to give it a little sparkle and life...







I also made a small pan of Banana-Walnut Bread for my photography...I just left it in the pan so it will look like it just came out of the oven...What else can I do with it? Again, my hubby doesn't like this one either...I had to take it back to work the next day together with the Carrot Cake...He doesn't know what he's missing :) Banana bread is very popular in our cafeteria...They sell better than hot cakes! I don't make this often, it all depends on how much ripe Bananas we have...And when i'm too lazy to make this, I would just make Banana bread pudding which is also a favorite at school...This way, I don't have to deal with all the measuring...



I've used 2 table covers for my background...I thought, the multi-colored one which I had bought recently looks better against the brown bread...While the Paris printed cover looks too brown on brown...Still, isn't bad but I settled for the other one instead...




As for this Oreo-Marshmallow Cake, I baked the cake at home out of a cake-mix box...I had this Oreo and Mini Marshmallows sitting in the pantry that are about to expire...I gotta do something about it! So I decided to decorate the cake with it...I saw this kind of decoration before, an Oreo-Lemon Cheesecake in Tony Wong's Patisserie Book, so why not copy it? The marshmallows are just an added personal touch :)



Thought the Strawberry added contrast to the cake...Who knew that these Oreos would be useful in decorating a boring white cake? It's also my way of covering the flaws of the cake sides :)




I'm glad that I could finally use the shawls i've collected over the years...They've been sitting in my drawer and I had never used them ever...Now, I use them as my props, who would've thought? But i'm still gonna keep collecting shawls and scarves for my photography use...Atleast, they have a better purpose now :)



In the meantime, let me enjoy a bite of this cake...Until then...









No comments:

Post a Comment