Monday, January 24, 2011

Kiawah Island and Charleston, SC Summer Trip '10

The first time we visited Charleston, SC was in summer 2007 but for just a couple of days...We stayed outside the city by the airport...My mother-in-law is a native of Charleston, so we went to check out the house she grew up in...It's still in good shape but owned by somebody else now...
We went back to South Carolina last summer 2010 and this time with my husband's entire family...We stayed for a week in Kiawah Island which is about 40 miles south east of Charleston...We rented a huge house by the golf course...It was a very beautiful place with 5 bedrooms enough to accomodate us all...The view from the house is stunning (picture below)...It felt like we're in the middle of the jungle...And since it's summer and by the water, it was very hot and humid...I could hardly take pictures outdoors because my lens would fog up easily...But then, I was able to take great pictures despite the air condition...I just had to wait til my camera came down to room temperature...





One day, we went to the Farmer's market and saw these beautiful pots made of clay...Yes, they're for sale and if only I could take them home with me, I would especially the carved wooden door...



I also snapped pictures of the clubhouse...The interior is so rustic and inviting, while the golf course by the ocean is just picturesque...The best place to unwind and watch the golfers tee off...What a great property as you could see below!







Charleston is such a very charming city, infact, it's voted as the "Friendliest city in the entire country"...The city has got a lot of character, I love the homes, the architecture, especially on Battery Park...The city also has a lot of good restaurants such as Magnolias where we had lunch and Anson Restaurant for dinner...My husband's niece and nephew really loved their creamy grits while I adored my Fish with Couscous and Artichokes...









We stopped by the Magnolia Plantation on our way to Charleston...It's like you're in the forest with marshes everywhere...I'm just glad we brought our bug spray so we're fine...













Overall, everybody had a wonderful time...There is nothing like spending quality time with your love ones and that's what matters most...

No comments:

Post a Comment