Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sake Marinated Flank Steak

This is one of my favorite marinades for flank steak. I had served this many times and they all love it. You could really taste the sake plus the sweetness from the brown sugar. I found the recipe online and made some changes like I always do. Not all recipes you get online are accurate and to make it really mine, I have to alter some of the ingredients or the measurements. Oftentimes, I would just get an idea from several recipes, compare them and maybe combine the ingredients. If they turn out good, then it's a keeper. Guess, that's how some cookbook authors develop recipes by doing tests or experiments.
Anyway, I like to serve this with any stir fry Asian vegetables and steamed rice. I don't have to make a separate sauce coz the juice from the meat is more than enough to moisten and flavor the rice. I love the grill flavor and char on the outer part. It's just one of my favorite comfort foods.

Sake Marinated Flank Steak

5 Garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp Ginger, minced
1/2 C Soy sauce
1 C Sake, dry
1/4 C Brown sugar
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
Some Salt and Pepper
3.5 lbs. Flank steak, 1.5 inch thick

Blend all together and marinate meat preferably overnight. Take out of the marinade and pat it dry. Grill for 7-8 mins. on each side for medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment